https://loganlewis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo.svg 0 0 Derek Raffle https://loganlewis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo.svg Derek Raffle2020-09-01 17:21:042020-09-01 17:21:04Manufacturing Engineer
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
- To ensure the method provided uses the most suitable plant available in terms of efficiency and cost.
- To ensuring all drawing and customer requirements are covered through the methodology.
- To ensure CNC programs are produced and verified to run right first time through the machine shop.
- To have a clear focus on ensuring that the methodology and machining strategies chosen are capable of producing the job in the as sold hours, escalating to your line manager in any instances this is not deemed achievable.
- To ensure that any fixturing or tooling required for the job is designed and/or purchased in line with production requirements.
- To provide the correct level of supporting documentation to ensure the success of the job; e.g. setup sheet, method of manufacture.
- To communicate with operational management and shop floor personnel to ensure the goals of the project are understood effectively.
- To utilise time on the shop floor to support the project and ensure the success of the job; ensuring cutting strategies are being utilised effectively.
- To liaise with customers when required, travelling where applicable.
- To interact with tooling suppliers and to carry out research to ensure that you are up to date with the latest tooling and methods available completing off site visits and training where appropriate.
- To support and train other members of the department as needed.
- To create reports to submit to your line manager at project handover to QC demonstrating how the project performed against as sold hours, including any additional tooling or fixturing costs incurred.
- To develop standard operating procedures for core components and processes.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of production, processes and systems.
- Good knowledge and experience of application of cutting tools.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors; nuclear (civil and defence), MOD and aerospace.
- Proficient in the use of CAM software for all machining disciplines
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and produce manufacturing routes
- Competent in producing 3D models and 2D drafting.
- Able to interface and communicate with customers effectively.
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ideally have experience of EdgeCam and or Siemens NX.
- Time served apprentice or equivalent NVQ / BTEC qualification in an engineering discipline .
- HNC in Engineering Discipline or 5 years minimum service in similar role