- £30,000 - £35,000 (Dep Exp)
- + Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Lead to join our operational team based in Durham. This is an ideal role for an ambitious, enthusiastic and committed procurement professional looking to take the next step in their career within a company poised for further growth and success.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be required to manage, develop and continually improve the supply chain function within the company to ensure efficient and effective operation.
Duties will include:
- Purchasing (and expediting where necessary) the components and materials required to support timely production output.
- Maintaining clear visibility of purchase order status; identifying potential late deliveries and taking action to mitigate them.
- Ensuring prices paid for goods and services are in line with expectation; challenging and negotiating when this is not the case.
- Ownership and delivery of defined annual cost reduction and stock turn targets.
- Supporting make versus buy projects and maintaining an up to date log of quotes requested, samples received etc.
- Active involvement in the new product development process, supporting the design team in obtaining quotes for new products from multiple sources so that accurate estimates and best prices can be established.
- Excellent housekeeping of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, ensuring the correct prices, lead times, order levels and supplier details are maintained.
- Supporting Goods Inwards with delivery note queries and amending purchase orders where required.
- Active participation within production and team meetings.
- Supporting the quality team with supplier performance issues and vendor rating.
- Liaising with the group finance department to resolve supplier invoice queries.
- Raising manual payment forms should suppliers require early payments or proforma.
The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge and experience of working within supply chain management in an engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Have proven ability in generating positive change and delivering against targets.
- Be proactive with a proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business and with a multi-cultural supplier base.
- Be capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Have strong leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Have an ability to resolve conflicting situations.
- Possess effective problem solving skills.
- A CIPS qualification would be preferable, but not essential.