- £80,000 Circa - £50,000 Basic (Offshore £30,000)
- Newcastle and Offshore
- Oil & Gas
- + Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
The Service department is responsible for project service support, supporting equipment and tooling, rental support, spares and field technical support. Work scopes include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and fibre optic re-termination of subsea cables and umbilical’s. In addition to this, the group also carries out / supervises the installation and testing of umbilical’s and both onshore and offshore worldwide. Also carry out testing and termination scopes on power cables within the offshore wind energy sector.
The Field Service Technician is expected to support Products and Services globally onshore and offshore as per the call-off and mobilisation plan. Specialist training will be provided aligned to providing professional and competent client support.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- The ability to interpret and understand both company and customer supplied drawings.
- Confirming written or verbal work instructions to the drawings and procedures as required.
- To comply with company and OEM termination and quality procedures, notifying both company and the customer in the event of any deviation from the procedure.
- Termination of electrical connectors, cable joints, and electrical junction boxes.
- The safe use of the resins and moulding materials currently employed by the company.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain a professional bearing at all times and actively promote company products and services to customers whenever possible. Assist in the training of others and be prepared to undergo training as required.
- Ensure that all paperwork regarding each job is completed in a timely manner so that invoicing can be completed.
- This requires site reports, expenses, test sheets, etc.
- Ensure that contact with Service Support Engineer is maintained whilst offsite, ensure that project managers are also kept informed of progress on a regular basis.
- Comply with the company’s health and safety policy.
- Comply with the local policies of customers, which apply to each site visited.
- Ensure that all work completed is carried out with safety as a priority.
- Support the Company initiatives to gain and retain ISO 9001 & 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditations.
- Staff are required to be aware of the Standards and ensure they operate to them.
- Must display the flexibility to work within the offshore industry – this is an ever-fluctuating environment with changing requirements.
- Must be capable of achieving and retaining all relevant offshore certification (includes offshore training certification and full medical certification).
- In addition to these duties employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
- To comply with all Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and procedures established by the company’s policies and in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation and any regulatory bodies at all times.
- To have read, understood and comply with the company Health and Safety manual, policies and procedures and to implement these, at all times, to ensure both your own safety and the safety of those who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
Core – customer focus, accountable: deliver on promises, promotes teamwork, credible and trusted professional, creativity and innovation and continuous self and business improvement. Making Good Decisions –delegate, measure and manage work.
Managing Yourself – positive ‘can do’ role model and operating discipline.
Working with Others – communicate openly and well.
Function and Technical – Technical competence and functional specific competence.
Specific technical competencies required:
- HV Electrical awareness
- Certified to fit OEM connectors on to Electrical power cores (132kv as a minimum). YOU WILL have a form of OEM connector certification at an HV level.
- Electrical testing certified – IR, CR, TDR
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Hold a Technical Qualification in an Electrical discipline or have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a technical power cable role.
- Offshore and onshore HV experienced
- HV Power cable experienced
- Offshore certified – Full GWO and offshore medical
- Confined Space
- IOSH Working Safely
- VLF testing experience
- SAP knowledge
- DNO working experienced