- South Shields
- 6 month contract initially
- Company Benefits scheme
The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Quality Engineer and will have the primary function to undertake duties associated with the role to meet production requirements.
Duties will include:
• To inspect and validate the output of the manufacturing team according to engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
• To use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake inspection operations and record results on the Self-Inspection System.
• Interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
• To work within single, small batch or a series of components and finished product processes.
• To work as part of the inspection team and interface with the production support departments including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
• Material handling as required to load, unload and manoeuvre materials and finished components
Similar previous experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation is essential and experience operating Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMMs) would also be beneficial.
The successful applicant must have a flexible approach to work activities including working shifts as required to meet production needs.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a positive and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure.
Due to business requirements, shift work and overtime flexibility is essential as well as strong communication and time management skills.
Hours of work will be 37 per week on a day shift system initially.