- £34,000 + Travel Allowance
- Blyth, Northumberland
- Oil & Gas
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
To provide assistance to the lead software & electrical support engineer to ensure the effective implementation service and support plans of all UK delivered equipment for our clients, operating worldwide. To conduct onsite activities to ensure safe and efficient working methods with reference to the company management systems and philosophies.
Job Specific Duties
Assist the lead software & electrical support engineer in developing documentation related to control and electrical related enquiries, new & upgrade proposals for delivered equipment and project support requirements.
Liaise with client’s equipment operational personnel and project engineering staff, to ensure final deliverables meet customers’ expectations & requirements.
Provide guidance to all company personnel with respect to service & support activities related to software and electrical issues.
Resolve technical issues, design specifications that arise during the service & support activities of operational equipment.
Develop and complete suitable documentation during service and support activities including punch lists, certification and equipment conditional reports.
Knowledge and Experience (Essential):
You must demonstrate proven experience in the following:
- A similar role in a bespoke engineering environment.
- Competent in offshore electrical installations.
- Experienced in safe systems of work for electrical and controls equipment.
- Navigate through PLC, SCADA, HMI and VSD to fault find & develop designed software applications used to control complex industrial machinery.
- A high level of competent with IT systems and tools.
- An ability to communicate effectively, both written & verbally and must be able to represent the company during customer meetings, training/presentations and site visits.
Knowledge and Experience (Desirable)
Experience in these areas would be advantageous:
- A similar role in the oil & gas, marine, sub-sea or similar domain.
- Competent with HV electrical installations.
- Industrial safety systems up to IEC16508 SIL2, including FMEA analysis.
- Siemens S7 PLC or Rockwell ControlLogix PLC; and associated communications protocols
- Siemens WinCC/TIA-Portal SCADA/HMI or Rockwell RSView SCADA/HMI; and associated communications protocols.
- Siemens S7 Failsafe PLC or Rockwell GuardLogix PLC.
- Cimplicity, Schneider CITECT SCADA/HMI and Invensis Wonderware SCADA/HMI.
- Common software languages such as scripting, VB, C/C++, etc
Note: This role may require both national and international travel and will involve periods of working away from home as well as offshore travel at short notice. You will be required to work in all weathers and seasons.