- £30,000 - £35,000
- South Tyneside
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
This role will have responsibility for the preparation of manufacturing times, cost estimates and maintenance of company price lists.
Duties will include
- Updating the relevant module of the ERP system with cost estimates.
- Communicating with internal customers to clarify features of preliminary designs.
- Calculation of estimated works’ cost based upon the use of the estimate software package and manual techniques in comparison to actual performed hours.
- Assistance in the evaluation and maintenance of master routings and updating corresponding ‘ESTIM’ program for future use.
- Establishing lines of communication directly with customers or via appointed commercial advisors, as appropriate, to resolve queries.
- Monitoring of actual project performance against estimate through contract life allowing for refinement of estimates when key issues or opportunities are identified.
- Producing customer quotations where necessary to support the sales and contracts department.
- Periodic review and implementation of existing and alternative estimating systems.
- Visits to customers/suppliers as and when required.
- Compliance with department and company procedures.
To be successful in this role, candidates will need an HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering. They will need a sound knowledge manufacturing techniques. Have a good understanding of Microsoft Office applications together with a high standard of numeracy and attention to detail.
Good organisational and time management skills are essential, as is the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Hours of work are 37 hours; however the successful candidate must have a flexible approach to working hours.