- £15.23 - £18.25 per hour
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
The successful candidate will report directly to the Shop Manager and will have the primary function to undertake duties associated with the operation of using CNC machine tools to meet production requirements.
Duties will include:
• To operate machines to required quality standard and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• To programme machines to produce single, small batch or a series of components and finished products.
• To work with a range of materials including exotic materials, nickel, super alloys, stainless steel, brass, duplex and aluminium.
• To interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy.
• To use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self inspection.
• To work as part of the machine shop team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
• To operate computer systems for recording of work activities.
• To support the training of apprentices and trainees.
Applicants should be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of horizontal and / or vertical boring.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure with time constraints. The successful candidate will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines within capability and working shifts as required to meet production needs.
Please note that this role operates various shift patterns including a three shift and continental shift patterns, depending on workload.