- £40,000 - £45,000
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
Reporting to the CEO, a major focus of the role will be to proactively identify and develop new market sectors, generate new sales and continually promoting the company and its specialist services.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- To work with the CEO to understand and develop the future direction of the business in terms of market and sectors and identifying new opportunities.
- To undertake market research on a continuous basis to ensure the business is always at the heart of future projects and initiatives.
- To develop an understanding of customer expectations and requirements and how the company delivers against these objectives, enabling a better customer journey if required.
- To work with the marketing team to identify the tools required for the promotion of company products and any pre-sale documentation.
- To research relevant markets and related industries to promote sales growth.
- To attend relevant seminars and trade shows agreed with the management team.
- To attend regular management meetings to ensure excellent communication within the team.
- To develop, update and maintain the customer relationship management (CRM) system and communicate with the management team.
- To provide customer feedback to the team.
- To work with colleagues across the group where relevant to develop potential cross-selling opportunities.
- To develop and maintain a customer base.
- To present the companies services to potential customers.
- To generate and convert leads by developing customer relationships and follow up on quotations.
- To understand customer requirements and develop a solution for the specific project alongside the technical team.
- To encourage feedback from customers both before and after sale.
- To develop relationships with customers and potential customers to understand project timelines and new projects relevant to the company.
- To undertake site visits where necessary with the ability to identify equipment, capabilities and unique selling points.
- To develop an understanding of competitors, and where the company is positioned in the market alongside them.
- To work with the management team to develop strategy for future work.
- Be a proactive member of the team to ensure the growth of the business.
- To take part in continuous improvement projects where applicable.
- To work within budgets.
- To provide market understanding and insights to the management team to help continually improve the companies service offering.
- Ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety & Environmental policy.
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to liaise on a technical level with customers and have experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience of working in an engineering/manufacturing environment would be desirable.
- Have experience and a proven track record of identifying commercially viable opportunities.
- Have a customer focussed approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationship with customers.
- Be resilient, results driven, proactive and self-starting with interpersonal and networking skills.
- Have excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in relation to the environment that you work in.
- Have excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints as well as organised priorities and meet deadlines.
- Have full driving licence and ability to travel when required.
- Have a background in Engineering or have Sales Engineering experience.