- Range: £33,000 - £39,000 + £9700 shift allowance
- Plymouth, Devon
- Power and Utilities
- Bonus + Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit a Production Technician working within our Power Station. The successful candidate will operate and/or maintain the asset as required by the location to achieve the safe production of electricity to meet customer requirements, best business value and compliance with company and statutory requirements.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, the key responsibilities and duties include:-
- Operating and/or maintaining (as required by the location) all plant areas (inside and outside duties) with a focus on Health, Safety and Environmental (HS&E) compliance and availability, taking actions to deliver customer satisfaction and achievement of business plan, in a 24/7 365 day plant operation.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining station and operating logs in a timely manner for statutory compliance purposes.
- Assisting the Shift Team Leader in operating the Permit to Work (PTW) system at an authorised person level with the application of the safety rules, work release and emergency procedures to ensure compliance with site procedures and undertake the duties of a designated person.
- Interacting with National Grid and our traders in respect of energy requirements and supply to ensure awareness and understanding by all.
- Ensuring full awareness of the technical condition of the asset and is proactive in ensuring that any issues that may affect the HS&E, production capability availability are properly notified and acted upon.
- Collecting operational and HS&E data for inclusion into station logs and formal reports for use by internal and statutory bodies e.g. Environmental Agency. Responsible for accurately maintaining station and operating logs in a timely manner for statutory compliance purposes.
- Performing routine maintenance, inspections, testing to plant items to ensure efficient production, environmental and safety compliance subject to relative competency and asset requirements.
- Ensuring that a comprehensive and thorough handover takes place between shift teams to maintain continuity of safe operations and ensure ongoing knowledge of work activities.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience within the power generation or similar process industry, ideally CCGT.
- Experience of laboratory analysis equipment and techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good numeracy, literacy and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstratable competence in use of IT/IS skills e.g. MS Office.
- Ability to ensure as the Operator and/or Maintainer that there is close and effective working with the day maintenance crew and others.
- Flexible and self-driven approach to training and personal development, able to adapt quickly to new things, changes in the job and work environment and who enjoys being fully involved in ensuring the business is a success.
- Ideally completed a recognised formal training programme or apprenticeship to achieve technician status (e.g. C&G, parts I, II and III).
- Hold a minimum of ONC (or equivalent experience) in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Ideally a member of a recognised professional institute or working towards membership.