- Morpeth, Northumberland
- + Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
The essential functions of the Materials Co-Ordinator while meeting or exceeding annual goals and objectives are as follows:
- Ensure FIFO disciplines are maintained
- Control, maintain and report manufacturing plan
- Control and scheduling of direct materials for online delivery
- Control all production reporting activities
- Carry out and report stock audits and cycle counting
- Promote housekeeping within the area of control
- Control of local suppliers
- Goods inward function
- Order Prep and Label printing
- Movement of direct materials to point of storage
- Marshalling of direct materials and timely online delivery
- Dispatch area ensuring customer ship dates and requirements are achieved
- Cycle counting and reporting
- ERP System procedures
- FIFO disciplines
- Proper use of material handling equipment by certified staff
- Housekeeping within the area of control
- Time keeping and discipline
- Carry out stocktaking and audits
- Drive OpX activities and initiatives in the Materials area
- Manage absence and staff issues, in-line with the corporate culture and Company policies.
- Assist in introduction of new projects and/or part numbers
- Assist internal sales procedures and activities
- Contribute to implementation and review of company procedures
- Support Kaizen, 3-S and 5-Z.activities
- Contribute to safe working practices
- Assist manufacturing procedures and activities
- Assist and cover goods in, material handling and dispatch activities
- Introduction of new projects and/or part numbers
The competencies (skills, knowledge and behaviours) that will allow an individual to successfully and efficiently perform the essential functions are as follows:
- Customer focus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Product knowledge (features, reading drawings, knowledge of how it works)
- Software (Oracle, Excel, SharePoint/PDM Pro, Outlook)
- Warehouse management
- Forklift driver
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This work is fast-paced and deadline-oriented and requires flexibility within the work day.
- Requires a strong ability to handle multiple tasks and a fluctuating work schedule.
- Frequent use of a computer and other office equipment is necessary.
- Requires the ability for close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- Requires working and interacting with others, both in person and through phone, electronic, and written correspondence.
- When in the warehouse, this position requires working with dirt/dust and noise. Use of eye and ear protection is required when in the warehouse.
- This position requires working with various temperature conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- HND in an Applied science (or similar) or CIPS/Warehousing level 4 or 5.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a leadership role within a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience of Oracle ERP and MES system is desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities
Counterbalance Fork Lift Trick License would be desirable.
First aid trained is desirable.