- €70,000 - €85,000 (Euros)
- Either; Arnage (France), Mezzago (Italy), Ettlingen (Germany), Villach (Austria), Manchester (England) or Dubai
- Engineering / Sales / Water
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
Job Title: Global Product Leader
Primary Posting Location: Arnage Cedex, France.
Alternative posting Locations: Mezzago (Italy), Ettlingen (Germany), Villach (Austria) or Manchester – England.
As the Global Product Leader, you will define, oversee, and direct all activities for the company’s Pumps Division’s digital product and services portfolio and associated accessories in all markets worldwide.
You will also, in close collaboration with other platforms and Product Managers, develop specific strategies, tactics and actions to increase IoT penetration for all pump products in our targeted industries, with a strong emphasis on Digital Water products in the EMA region.
Location of this role is highly flexible across the UK and Europe. The successful candidate can be based from home, travelling to the office or client sites only when necessary..
Responsibilities & Requirements:
As our Product Leader for Pumps, you will define the boundaries of the product portfolio, strategic objectives, vectors of differentiation, and linkages to other product portfolios. This includes:
1. Defining realistic targets for year-over-year increases in total revenue, gross margin, and market share for the product portfolio over 1, 3, and 5-year horizons,
2. Defining the individual products within the portfolio that are required to satisfy the overall portfolio targets and objectives,
3. Facilitating the creation of necessary tools and collateral required to promote and sell products and conduct associate/customer training on those tools and collateral (in cooperation with other stakeholders as appropriate),
4. Defining and controlling the global product technical definition in various configurators and ERP systems where the product can be quoted or sold (in cooperation with Sales, Comm Ops, IT, and others),
5. Leading the creation of all associated product literature and documentation, including website content,
6. Leading competitive benchmarking efforts at validating and/or defining that the product’s market positioning is consistent with strategic objectives for the portfolio.
For each product in the portfolio, developing and maintaining a forward-looking product roadmap that links together the near- and long-term financial targets (including average selling price, volume, and gross margins) of the product and services with the required investment benefits associated with discrete, tactical projects/initiatives identified in that product roadmap.
- Utilize a train-the-trainer approach to provide the necessary product training to Comm Ops, Sales and other related functions,
- Set and maintain recommended list price for all products and services in the portfolio, in cooperation w/Sales, Aftermarket Services, Pricing and Commercial Ops, to ensure that the prices of the product based on market level and value were practical,
- Monitor the overall volume, revenue, and profitability of the product portfolio, and refine/update the product roadmap as and when required,
- Develop a set of common global processes by which the above activities will be governed, tracked, and reported across the Division.
To successfully lead our business and associates through the strategy, you should be able to:
- Set Direction – Define performance expectations, align individual goals with strategic objectives, and provide resources (or remove barriers) to enable team success,
- Think Strategically – Think conceptually, create a strategic vision, and develop long-term goals and execution plans,
- Know Your Business – Display business acumen, apply functional or technical expertise and demonstrate awareness of informal organizational processes and networks,
- Find Solutions – Solve problems, generate innovative solutions, and make timely decisions based on sound judgment,
- Drive Results – Set challenging goals, take calculated risks, and overcome obstacles to achieve results.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS or equivalent business or engineering degree required (Mechanical, Chemical, Manufacturing or Electrical), MBA and/or Advanced Engineering degree preferred,
- 5-10+ years in Digital water/Electronics industry that spans multiple segments. (e.g. water/wastewater utilities, Oil and Gas, Mining, Agriculture etc.),
- Minimum of 5 years technical, Product Management, Sales and/or Marketing of Wireless or Communication products.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Familiarity with Wireless Communication Protocols e.g.,WiFi, ZigBee, LoRA, RFID or Cellular.
- Experience working with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Smart Factory/Industry 4.0 products/projects.
- Strong influencing skills with demonstrated ability to create, inspire and lead virtual teams that deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Up to 40% Travel required.