- Tyne and Wear
- + Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
- Southern Europe: principally France & Spain.
- Industrial: Principally power generation, oil & gas, petrochemical, water industry.
- Marine: merchant and naval propulsion.
Base Location / Citizenship
- Target candidate is located in the North East of England
- Target candidate is ideally fluent in spoken & written French & Spanish languages, or with a willingness to learn.
- The successful candidate will report to the Sales Manager.
Key Role Responsibilities Include:
- Interfacing with the marketplace, customer base and parent company on sales and marketing issues, by means of regular sales visits to defined international territories.
- Visiting customers as and when required.
- Managing customer activity within the territory.
- Establishing direct lines of communication with customers in the territory.
- Promotion of company products and services within the territory.
- Securing tendering opportunities from customers within the territory.
- Converting tenders from customers in the territory to orders.
- Capturing customer technical and commercial requirements to develop a specification for the product.
- Assembling the component prices for standard product and calculating the estimated works cost based upon price list, previous cost performance and comparative estimation in order to produce a quotation.
- Liasing with the Estimating Team to develop price estimates for non-standard applications and using the information generated to produce a quotation.
- Initial review of Terms & Conditions of Contract where these are dictated by the customer.
- Contract negotiation.
- Defining and satisfying the requirements for export licence control compliance as required.
- Participating in detailed technical and commercial specification reviews in order to develop packs of information used to communicate the contract requirements internally in the business.
- Assisting with the project management of contracts from customers in the territory.
- Compliance with departmental &. Company procedures whilst tendering & processing orders.
- Other duties which the incumbent is competent to perform at the request of the Sales Manager.
Required Skill Set
- Must have a recognised mechanical engineering qualification (HNC or above).
- Must have a sound appreciation machinery applications within industrial and marine markets.
- Must have experience of domestic and international travel and an appreciation of international cultures.
- Must have experience of negotiation and knowledge of commercial terms and conditions of business.
- Must be willing to work additional hours, including national and international travelling as required and be a current driving licence holder.
- A high level of computer literacy is required.
Knowledge of export licence control would be advantageous.