- £35,000 - £40,000
- South Tyneside
- + Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
The role will involve providing technical and commercially viable solutions for new, as well as existing products and applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all designs are compatible with the company’s quality standards and manufacturing capabilities.
Duties will include
- To ensure that design solutions for new or modified products are released in alignment with detailed product specifications and the product development strategy.
- To generate, update and issue design and manufacturing data to the production department, via change/release notes, working drawings, bills of material, databases, external process specifications, and assembly/test procedures.
- To devise and develop design parameters which provide consistent, optimum technical and commercial solutions across product ranges.
- To ensure all product designs are fully auditable, with reference to design specifications, calculations, analysis, proprietary manufacturer’s data, service and repair documentation and application data.
- To support the development department in devising and evolving the specification and implementation of product development testing, necessary to ensure compliance with product specification.
- To ensure all communications of a technical nature between company and customers/distributors/agencies are sufficiently clear, detailed and unambiguous, to minimise misapplication of our products.
- To provide the sales and quality team with the advice necessary to resolve field failures or respond to customer feedback through written/verbal communication, or if necessary, by instigating site visits to the end user or customer.
- To support other members of the design team when required.
- To support the sales team in their assessment of new market opportunities, by providing guidance on the technical viability of existing or potential new products.
- To provide technical support to the production department as and when required.
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer, ideally educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline.
The successful applicant should have the ability to demonstrate experience in engineering design, including design calculations and methods (ideally free body diagrams and stress calculations), as well as 3D CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks.
They will possess excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, and a strong commitment to meet customer requirements. Knowledge of hydraulic motors and hydraulic principles would be desirable.