- 35,000 - £45,000
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
The role will involve providing technical and commercially viable solutions for new and existing products and applications, ensuring that all designs are compatible with the company’s quality standards and manufacturing capabilities.
Duties will include:
• From detailed product specifications, ensure that design solutions for new or modified products are released in alignment with the product development strategy.
• To contribute to the generation, issue and updating of design and manufacturing data to the production department, via change/release notes, working drawings, bills of material, databases, external process specifications, and assembly/test procedures.
• Devise and develop design parameters which provide consistent, optimum technical and commercial solutions across product ranges.
• To ensure all product designs are fully auditable, with reference to design specifications,
calculations (HAND), analysis, proprietary manufacturer’s data, service and repair documentation and application data.
• To support the development department in devising and developing the specification and implementation of product development testing, necessary to ensure compliance with product specification.
• To ensure all communications of a technical nature between the company and customers/distributors/agencies are sufficiently clear/detailed and unambiguous, to minimise misapplication or abuse of company products.
• Provide the sales and quality team with the advice necessary to resolve field failures or respond to customer feedback, either by written/verbal communication, or if necessary, by instigation of site visits to the end user or customer.
• To support other members of the design team when required.
• To support the sales team in their assessment of new market opportunities, by providing guidance on the technical viability of existing or potential new products.
• To provide technical support to the production department as and when required.
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer, ideally educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline.
The successful applicant should have the ability to demonstrate experience in engineering design including design calculations and methods (ideally free body diagrams and stress calculations) and 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
They will possess excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, and a strong commitment to meet customer requirements. Knowledge of hydraulic motors and hydraulic principles would be desirable.