- £30,000 - £35,000
- West Sussex
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Health care, dental, gym, pension + more
Thermal Plastic Fabricator
Job status: Full-time : Permanent or Contract
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum + Relocation Package
Full time flexible hours 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Immediate offer of 25 days holidays plus statutory holidays (33 in total)
Based in the West Sussex area – will pay relocation costs.
Do you have extensive experience as a Thermal Plastic Fabricator? You’ll be joining a specialist established company who have grown well over the last 40 years. We occupy a very niche position within a Semiconductor Engineering and Fabrication market. who are well respected in the semiconductor industry.
- Due to the continued expansion of the business and a significantly increased order book we are looking for a Plastic Fabricator to join our small team of experienced fabricators.
- We have diverse engineering designs, as no two systems are ever the same. The role would suit someone who shines at manual work, adaptable and creative in manufacturing solutions. They must have pride in what they achieve. The company is looking to expand into other exciting industries so this role is what you make it!
- Our Plastic Fabricators use handheld tools, machinery and plastic welding techniques to build bespoke items and low volume structures including fume extract ducting which occasionally involves going to site to install
- Note – this is not plastic window fabrication role, but if you have the skills please apply.
Daily duties, and required skills, as a plastic fabricator you will be:
The main duties of the role will be to produce bespoke plastic fabrications (systems), for the semiconductor industry. Producing items from manufacturing drawings, basic sketches and written and verbal instructions. It is essential that you are a team player & being able to work as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be experienced in all areas of plastic fabrication and “piping fit out”, creating the highest quality fabrications.
- Proven in rod welding, extruder welding and solvent welding. Performing Extrusion, Seam & Butt and other welding techniques
- Capable of “Fit-out” of pipe work, Water and Pneumatic, using various fittings and materials and techniques
- Competence and experience in Plastic Fabrication which includes hot gas Materials used include Polypropylene, Polyethylene, PVC, CRP, PTFE and PVDF
- CAD exposure: 3D Models/2D drawings: Read, interpret & follow technical/Engineering drawings & Bills of Materials
- Working at a bench or in the workshop. Utilising a variety of hand and power tools, including hot air welding guns.
- Responsible for precise right first time marking out
- Responsible for drilling, routers, machining, tap & die process, cutting, joining, fabricating, welding and circular sawing etc
- Quality self-inspection of finalised product
- Problem solving and working to deadlines/timescales are a requirement without compromising quality.
- Working in an Engineering/Fabrication environment you will work daily with design engineers and technicians. Understanding and communication of technical manufacturing is key to success.
- Identifying stock replenishment requirements
- Follow all health and safety guidelines
- Keeping your work area & workshop tidy and hazard free
A fabricator with:
- A Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- To work together to get the job done, by covering overtime if necessary, to ensure work is produced on-time
- Experience of working in a fabrication, production or Engineering environment
- Good Mathematical mindset. Engineering drawings require experienced understanding; however, we can provide supervision, it’s the ability to remember that’s important
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- A desire to improve and expand skills/knowledge across the business
- Hard-working & reliable, some heavy lifting involved
- Pride in work, a desire to produce items of the best calibre
- Professional attitude especially around clients
- Ability to work to targets/production KPI’s
- Fork truck Licence would be an advantage, but not necessary
- Opportunity for some travel
- Experienced as a Plastic Fabricator
- Comfortable with hand and bench tools (pillar drill, mitre saw, jigsaw etc)
- Prepared for occasional off-site work (UK & Global)
- We are a profitable and growing business
- Loyal client base
- Team of expert engineers
- Company culture full of committed hard-working people
- Investing into new sites and new machinery
- Free off-road parking outside the business
- Permanent Staff offered
- Attractive Pension scheme,
- Private Health and
- Dental package