- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
Due to further development of our advanced facilities we are now looking to make further additions to our award winning team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Test House Machinist to join our newly opened Technical Centre in Hillsborough, Sheffield.
Reporting to the Test House Technical Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Matching job card to the test material.
- Interpreting the job card and extract the test pieces from the test material.
- Rough machining of test sample.
- CNC final machining of test samples for charpy or tensile tests.
- Use of the surface grinder as required.
- Interpreting requirements from work route cards, ensuring that all work is done in line with Health and safety and quality standards.
- Maintaining turnaround times in line with KPI targets.
- Deputising for other team members within level of training and when required.
- Informing management when consumables are low and potentially take responsibility for purchasing of machine shop consumables within level of experience.
- Keeping workshop tidy and safe at all times.
- Ensuring machining is completed to tight tolerances within the specification (0.02mm).
- Machining required tooling when needed.
In order to be successful in this role, you will be educated to GCSE level with good Maths and English, coupled with advanced apprenticeship in machining or similar (or have completed or part completed this level of education or training) or relevant machining experience. The ability to work in a team is also important.
Although not essential, good IT skills and mechanical testing experience would be beneficial. CNC programming or CAD/CAM training is also desirable.
We are keen to develop all our employees so as with all roles there is the possibility of advancement within the company.
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Bonus Scheme
- Certified Training
- Child-Care Vouchers
- Company Pension
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holiday
- Great Working Environment
- In House Training
- Life Insurance
- On-Site Parking
- Progression Opportunities