- South Shields
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
A vacancy has arisen for the role of a Tendering Engineer at our prestigious clients South Shields site.
Working as part of the sales team and reporting directly to the Sales and Marketing Manager, this role will have the responsibility to produce tenders and technical proposals to customer enquiries.
Duties will include:
- To capture customer technical and commercial requirements to develop a specification for the product.
- To update and maintain the business management system to record the important elements of the project.
- To use proprietary design software to generate calculations describing product performance and transmitting these to the customer.
- To assemble the component prices for standard products and calculate the estimated works cost based upon price list, previous cost performance and comparative estimation in order to produce a quotation.
- To establish lines of communication directly with customers or via appointed commercial advisors as appropriate.
- To be involved in contract negotiation.
- To define and satisfy the requirements for export licence control compliance as required.
- To be the central point of contact for the companies field based sales team members.
- To visit customers as and when required.
Applicants should be qualified to a recognised mechanical engineering qualification, ideally HNC or above. They should possess knowledge of mechanical equipment and the associated applications, as well as experience of project management. Knowledge of export licence control would be advantageous
The ideal applicant will possess excellent customer service, communication and time management skills. They will also demonstrate a motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. A high standard of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
Hours of work are 37 per week, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays per year.