https://loganlewis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo.svg 0 0 Derek Raffle https://loganlewis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo.svg Derek Raffle2018-12-12 16:31:042018-12-12 16:31:04Project Manager - Telecoms
- upto £55,000 + company car
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the standards, policies and procedures of company and its customers .
- Manage multiple and/or major projects safely, competently, and effectively to time and budget.
- Manage all financial aspects of projects.
- Ensure extra works are costed and invoiced.
- Provide cost value reconciliation for projects/contracts.
- Ensure all sub-contracts are approved in line with company policies.
- Ensure project meets all current legislation HASAWA, NRSWA C.O.S.H.H. etc.
- Assist in costing schemes for quotation as required.
- Identify and inform Senior Management Team of commercial opportunities as appropriate.
- Review and monitor programme schedule using Project Management tools.
Health and Safety
- Implement company’s, and customers, safety rules, instructions, standing orders and procedures.
- Prepare project safety and CDM plans and Risk Assessments as part of overall programme.
- Actively monitor teams within your line management responsibility
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out at all stages of a project (design, planning, generic and Daily On Site) in accordance with
- Ensure that all statutory records, certificates, licenses, notifications and notices are in place.
- Conduct site safety inspections and complete associated paperwork.
- Ensure that accidents and near misses and suitably reported, recorded and investigated and that remedial action is carried out promptly.
- Report any concerns regarding SHE to the SHE team and your Operations Manager.
Planning and organising
- Take overview of projects to be completed and allocate resources accordingly.
- Plan for outages: assess loads, prepare contingency plans schedule switching/permitting
- Timetable activities within projects including provision of dates to telecommunications engineers for projects.
- Liaise with customer to manage critical dates.
- Work with teams to ensure safe, effective and efficient implementation of company’s operations.
- Work closely with other Project Managers to ensure effective allocation of resources.
- Contribute to wider team: advise, share knowledge and experience based on expertise.
- Liaise with colleagues across the organisation to ensure effective completion of tasks.
- Manage and review performance of staff reporting to you and identify training needs.
- Represent company to customers and individuals from other companies.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers and other external parties.
- Deal with all issues arising including investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
- Liaise with the public to ensure smooth implementation of work.
- Implement company’s approach to Quality in all you do and complete all work to high standards.
- Identify and implement areas of improvement in company’s processes and operations.
- Ensure working practices and processes are followed.
- Degree or equivalent in civil engineering (or demonstrable level of achievement through experience)
- Qualification in Project Management
- Certificated in the following areas:
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety awareness
- Experienced in managing large/multiple projects in the construction or telecommunications industries.
- Skills and expertise
- Sound project management skills and methodology.
- Good people management skills.
- Computer literate – skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Project.
- Sound knowledge of H&S and its practical implications.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations