- South Tyneside
- Excellent company benefits scheme
The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Production Engineer and will be responsible for delivering technical solutions that meet both customer and business requirements.
Duties will include:
• The creation of sound manufacturing layouts, using up to date methodology to meet customer demands.
• The creation of quality offline CNC programs with a clear focus on delivering project margin.
• Ensuring that equipment and tooling is being utilised effectively.
• Ensuring tooling and fixtures are designed using CAD software and are manufactured to meet with production requirements.
• Liaising with the shop floor to ensure all delivered material is clearly understood and executed.
• Interacting with other departments and customers.
• Actively investigating new manufacturing techniques in the employment of the latest tooling and technologies, ensuring their implementation where practical.
• Targeting specific areas for development within manufacturing cells to drive change and to measure improvements against targets.
• Implementing any engineering design changes to existing designs.
It is essential that the successful applicant should be able to demonstrate similar previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in a production engineering role. Ideally applicants should hold experience in the manufacture of precision components in a low to medium volume manufacturing environment. Knowledge or experience of 5-axis machining and/or programming is desirable but not essential.
Additionally, they will also be able to demonstrate a flexible, positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints.