- Company Benefits scheme
- To ensure all production equipment operates with maximum availability and to a high performance and quality level at all times.
- To maintain all buildings and associated equipment essential to production.
- To maintain all site services (office lighting etc).
- Carry out Planned and Preventative Maintenance tasks and complete the appropriate paperwork/reports.
- Carry out reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the appropriate paperwork/reports.
- Work to company Health and Safety and Environmental policies at all times.
- Use condition monitoring tools such as thermographic imaging & vibration analysis, as well as skills, experience and judgement to make regular assessments of the plant condition.
- Liaise with Development Engineers and Line Leaders to coordinate repairs and improvements.
- Understand KPI’s and operate in accordance with maintenance systems to achieve set targets.
- Good knowledge of plant processes and the ability to operate all equipment to a high standard.
- Investigating equipment failures and supporting activities to improve equipment reliability.
- Play an active part and be committed to the company Continuous Improvement programme.
- Attend the shift handover meeting at the start and end of every shift and report all work done or to be done to the Development Engineer. Also, highlight any issues that may prove relevant to the following shift.
- Ensure all quality specifications for the product and machine are achieved. Extra vigilance required after performing maintenance tasks or during line start-ups.
- Understand internal quality specifications and standards.
- Accidents & Near Misses
- PM Adherence
- Yellow Tags completed
- Orange Tags completed
- 5S Audit score
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Department Managers, MBU Managers and Line Engineers.
- External equipment suppliers and subcontractors.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
- Hands on skills, time-served with appropriate ‘on the job’ qualifications (NVQ/City & Guilds).
- Experience of a high speed production environment.
- Able to work in a diverse environment and a large scale manufacturing site.
- An understanding of Engineering drawings and principles.
- A structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to document findings/best practice methods to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- 17th Edition qualification.
- Strong fault finding skills.
- Capable of working well under pressure.
- Able to communicate and present data effectively.
- Ability to manage a varied workload.
- LEAN manufacturing knowledge & experience.
- Health and Safety qualification (IOSH).
- Educated to HNC level.
- PLC qualification/experience.
- Diligent with high attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise work to meet objectives.
- Ability to work well under pressure and plan effectively.
- Ability to be self-motivated and driven.
- Reliable and flexible to meet production needs.
- Ability to work with little information when required.
- Committed and willing to go above and beyond what is normally expected in order to satisfy production needs.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team as required.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.