- £24,000 - £28,000
- Tyne & Wear
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
Our client provides a comprehensive export service offering everything from bespoke packing solutions to export logistics. Based in the North East of England, They are a fast growing export services provider with experienced design, packing and shipping teams and in-house manufacturing facility for timber and plywood cases used to transport products worldwide.
A vacancy has arisen for a full time Freight Forwarder based at our site office.
Duties will include:
- To take enquiries from clients.
- To negotiate rates with hauliers, shipping lines, airlines and agents.
- To provide clients with quotations.
- To input air, sea and road freight shipments on our freight system and book with the airlines, shipping and hauliers.
- To complete export and import customs entries – customs handling of import and export freight (CHIEF).
- To coordinate air and sea freight export/import shipments, door to door. To check and complete air and sea export/import paperwork.
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced team player who can develop the role within a growing packing and freight business.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a positive and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure paying close attention to detail, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines. It is essential they are IT literate and have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- The successful candidate will have a proven history of working in a similar role within the freight forwarding industry dealing with air, sea and road freight.