- £40,000 - £50,000
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Company benefits scheme
Job Title: Fabrication Contracts Engineer
Responsible To: MD / Ops Director
Responsible for:/Inv Project Eng/MTOs/Purchasing/Documentation
Engineering, fabrication knowledge is critical, the ability to read engineering drawings, experienced in planning & overseeing complex fabrication & welding structures.
Contract organisation – “Cradle to Grave” process
Run contract & plan daily requirements including, co-ordination of materials, Take offs, Purchasing, Documentation packs.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
1. Responsible for assisting the MD / General Manager in controlling / organising of contracts.
2. Responsible for controlling clients contracts, to deliver on time & within hours & costs.
3. Responsible for compiling communications to customers on order status.
4. Reading / interpretation of drawings in terms of understanding clients requirements – assisted by the MD / General Manager.
5. Responsible for compiling communications to suppliers to establish costs of materials.
6. On establishing prices for materials, generating and placing orders with suppliers.
7. Progress chase status of orders with suppliers, highlighting instances of late delivery.
8. Use of software (Word / Spread sheets) when require.
Working hours: Mon to Thurs (07-30 – 17-00/Fri 15-00)
Salary From £40k to £50k (depending on experience)