- £33,000 - £38,000
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
To contribute and assist in design and development of new products as determined via business development, marketing strategy and customer requirements.
To assist the Product Development Manager in delivery of project key milestones to meet both the company and Customer’s requirements.
To interface with Sales Support, Product Engineering, Production Engineering, Supply and Automation Departments.
Products to be engineered in accordance with design standards laid down both nationally and internationally and in conjunction with the company and customer specification.
- Using initiative to develop new products or design innovative solutions to improve the design of existing products from briefs provided.
- To ensure the timely preparation of all technical drawings using 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing software provided.
- Undertake when required modification of drawings and components in line with QA systems and procedures.
- The generation and maintenance of parts lists/bill of materials and the control of approved copies in line with QA procedures.
- To liaise with and supply requested approval drawings to certification bodies in a timely manner.
- To have a working knowledge of relevant European and International standards and Directives.
- Conducting prototype and/or modified component testing and the production and correct storage of test reports in a manner described in the QA procedures.
- Provide Technical assistance to the Sales dept. or directly to customers in terms of product information, problem solving and application training when required.
- Maintain good communications between departments.
- To be familiar with QA systems operated within the company.
- Ensure that all work is conducted in a safe manner to comply with the companies Health & Safety Policy.