- £35,000 - £45,000
- Stockton on Tees
- Company Benefits scheme
We are seeking 2 design engineers with a flair for creativity and a true desire to succeed in the manufacturing industry. Our client operates across 3 sites employing over 100 staff and turning over close to £20M per year. With 2 new projects ready to launch in the next 18 months this is an exciting time to join a successful company and forge a fantastic career.
You will need the following core common attributes:
- Degree level in mechanical engineering or similar.
- Competency using Solidworks for modelling.
- Ability and confidence in dealing with suppliers to organise and procure prototypes, gain both prototype and production samples and work with engineering changes.
- Microsoft office, (Excel and Outlook)
The following competences:
- FEA, ideally with Solidworks but not critical if another software.
- Experience of working to and producing calculation packs in accordance with applicable standards
Optional skills we would like:
- Drafting, the drawings are generally simple but of great importance is understanding tolerances and the manufacturing processes employed.
- Experience of manufacturing the processes we use, eg. castings, injection moulding, aluminium and plastic extrusions, bonding technology, manual fabrication.
- Experience with Microsoft project.
- Experience with PDM software, ideally Solidworks.