- £35,000 - £43,000
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, this role has the primary function to design and develop the companies products in accordance with design standards laid down both nationally and internationally and in conjunction with company and customers specifications.
Duties will include:
- To design and develop products in accordance with design standards for the Oil and Gas industry.
- To review assigned requests for quotation packages and customer specifications and identify technical requirements.
- To attend bid clarification meetings to agree technical requirements.
- To ensure that service levels meet the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- To actively liaise with customer representatives on site visits.
- To compile technical documents and information as required by requests for quotations and forward to the sales department for inclusion in bid.
- To efficiently deal with customer enquiries; including the presentation of drawings, specifications, procedures and manuals.
- To ensure that all information required by operations is provided on time and to standard to ensure company deadlines are met in production.
- To establish and provide project completion dates.
- To provide regular information on work progress to the projects team, and ensure that any issues and updates are communicated as and when required.
To succeed in this role applicants should ideally have experience of working in a similar role within an oil and gas design team. They will have an awareness of the requirements of various standards such as ISO 9000 and industry standards as given by ASME, ANSI, and API.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. They will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working additional hours as required to assist in meeting business needs.
Hours of work are 35 per week.