- £40,000 - £45,000
- South Tyneside
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
• To project manage customer contracts from order receipt until despatch and to be the key business contact for the customer for all matters throughout the
life of the contract.
• To participate as part of a tendering team in producing tenders and technical proposals to customer enquiries.
Duties will include:
• To capture customer technical and commercial requirements to develop a specification for the product.
• To update and maintain the business management system to record the important elements of the project: export control requirements, delivery
requirements, revenue, margin and product details.
• To use proprietary design software to generate calculations describing product performance and transmitting these to the customer.
• To assemble the component prices for a standard product and calculating the estimated works cost based upon price list, previous cost performance and
comparative estimation in order to produce a quotation.
• To liaise with the estimating team to develop price estimates for non-standard applications and using the information generated to produce a quotation.
• To liaise with sales and marketing colleagues to determine marketplace price levels and seeking the appropriate approval to quote.
• Initial review of the terms and conditions of the contract where these are dictated by the customer.
• To carry out contract negotiation.
• To define and satisfy the requirements for export licence control compliance as required.
• Project management of the contract, order acceptance, budgets, time-scales, quality requirements and monitoring thereof, including real-time updating of
the business management system.
• To carry out detailed technical and commercial specification reviews in order to develop a pack of information used to communicate the contract
requirements internally in the business.
• To monitor sales orders during the life of the contract and to liaise with the customer on any contract amendments, notices, costs, implications and to
appraise on progress as required by the contract.
Applicants should be qualified to a recognised mechanical engineering qualification, ideally HNC or above. They should possess knowledge of mechanical equipment and the associated applications ideally for rotating equipment as well as experience of project management. Knowledge of export licence control would be advantageous.
The ideal applicant will possess excellent customer service, communication and time management skills. They will also demonstrate a motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure with time constraints. A high standard of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail are essential.