- £26,185 + shift allowance
- South Shields
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
The successful candidate will report directly to the Shift Leader and will have the primary function to undertake duties associated with the operation of using large CNC machine tools to meet production requirements.
• To co-operate with management and others to ensure the company complies with current legislation, health and safety codes of practice on safe working and environmental requirements.
• To operate a CNC machine/work centre within safe working practices.
• To work as part of the machine shop team and interface with production support, including production control, production engineering, the maintenance department and the quality department.
• To operate the machine to the required quality standards, and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• To edit and modify programs as required.
• To ensure all work is carried out efficiently and is accurately recorded on the shop floor computer system.
• To ensure all work, where applicable, is carried out in accordance with the planned production requirements, and within the standard hours provided.
• To use a wide range of measuring equipment and have a working knowledge of inspection procedures, in order to carry out planned inspections and record and/or identify the results, as defined by OPC requirements.
• To ensure the correct drawing is used, and select the appropriate inspection equipment with the correct calibration certificate.
• To support the training of apprentices and trainees.
Applicants should be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of horizontal and/or vertical boring. They must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work, combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. The successful candidate will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines within capability and working shifts as required to meet production needs.
Hours of work will be 37 per week.
Basic salary is £13.61 per hour + shift allowance.