This role will have the primary function of producing a range of components from a variety of raw materials, with close adherence to the company’s quality systems and procedures.
In order to achieve this, the successful candidate will be experienced in setting and programming FANUC controls and used to machining a variety of raw materials such as brass, stainless steel and aluminium.
Duties will include:
• Ensure that all processes are completed in accordance with all applicable health, safety and environmental policies, risk assessments and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Perform operating duties in line with production schedules.
• Read and understand engineering drawings to ensure high quality production.
• Use a variety of measuring equipment ensuring all inspection requirements are completed in line with control plan instructions.
• Identify and report non-conforming components ensuring the relevant SOP is followed.
• Accurately complete all system transactions related to your job role.
• Maintain and promote a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
• Perform any pre-shift and maintenance checks
• Support company initiatives to help improve health and safety, quality, efficiency and individual performance.
The successful candidate must have completed a Manufacturing Apprenticeship, specifically as a Turner. The candidate must also have experience in setting and programming FANUC controlled CNC lathes as well as having a good understanding of technical drawings and knowledge of working to tight tolerances and specifications.
Additionally they will possess excellent communication and people skills and will be flexible to work a variety of shifts and overtime when business needs require.
Hours of work are 37 per week worked on a shift pattern of both day and night shift cover.