- £27,000 - £32,000
- Excellent Company Benefits Scheme
Purpose of Role:
To produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Set and programme CNC Machines
- Capability to perform simultaneous multi-axis machining in one operation
- Ability to operate multiple CNC machines across the business area
- Ensure that health and safety standards are adhered to and maintained
- Document actions through completion of production and quality logs
- Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- To provide support/training and mentoring of other operators.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Recognised training programme or equivalent qualifications + machining experience in a subcontract manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working with a variety of materials such as stainless, Inconel and titanium.
- Experience of programming, setting and operating CNC lathes or milling machines using at least one of the following systems – Mazatrol, Siemens 840, Fanuc or Heidenhein.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings.
- A flexible approach with a can do attitude with the ability to manage your time effectively whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Strong communicator
- Proven Problem Solver
- Self-discipline for PPE / House Keeping / Safe Working Practice
These are full time, permanent positions which offer an attractive employment package, including:
- Competitive rate of pay £13.66 – £16.78
- 37 hours per week + overtime as required
- 25 days holidays per year
- Company Pension Scheme
- Death in Service life insurance scheme
- Personal Injury scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work