- £28,000 - £30,000
- South Tyneside
- Company Benefits scheme
The successful candidate will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager with the primary function to operate multiple machine tools to manufacture components with critical size and surface finish requirements, as per the engineering drawing specifications.
Duties will include:
• To grind and lap components to the required specification as per the engineering drawing.
• To inspect components and complete any relevant supporting paperwork.
• To deburr, clean and protect components as required.
• To carry out a daily inspection and cleaning of the grinding machines.
• To work with a range of materials including steel, cast iron, hardened steels, aluminium as well as some exotic materials.
• To be able to use a range of measuring equipment, together with working knowledge of inspection procedures in order to undertake self-inspection.
• To work to the required quality standards and procedures of the business.
• To accurately interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy.
• To work as part of the machine shop grinding team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
• Material handling as required to load, unload and manoeuvre materials and finished components.
• To operate in-house computer systems for the recording of work activities.
• To support the training of apprentices and trainees.
• General housekeeping duties within the manufacturing facilities.
The successful candidate will be an apprentice trained precision grinder with a working knowledge of both external and internal grinding machines. An operational knowledge of CNC grinders and some basic programming skills would be beneficial, as would a recent attendance on a grinding wheel regulation course.
The candidate should also be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and be able to self-inspect using a variety of measuring equipment, together with the ability to work and hold fine tolerances.
Applicants should be highly motivated with good communication skills and as well as being able to work independently, or as part of a team. They must be flexible to work overtime as well as a variety of shifts.